God has graced us with extra time in the hospital.
Extra time spent by Samuel's bedside without the distractions and busyness of every day life.
Extra time to sit and consider the wonders of God.
Extra time to meditate on God's words.
Extra time to spend strengthening our marriage.
Extra time to allow Samuel's lungs to heal and strengthen.
Extra time to find and collaborate with doctors in Arkansas.
Extra time to shine God's light here in this hospital.
We didn't pray for extra time - we most certainly prayed for the opposite - but God has a way of knowing what we need, despite what we may think we need. Now it is our responsibility to use this extra time wisely. Instead of letting ourselves sit in our discouragement, instead of letting ourselves focus on what we could have, it is now our job to take the extra time God has given us away from home, and use it for good.
"For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."Prayer Requests:
- Samuel hasn't eaten since April 22nd. Pray that God will heal his digestive system, and that Samuel's body will be able to handle the milk. Pray that God will give the doctors wisdom as they decide when to begin feeding Samuel.
- Because Samuel has a small thoracic cavity, which already hinders the function of his lungs, the dilation of his intestines has been squishing his lungs even more. Pray that Samuel's lungs will still get a chance to heal and strengthen during this time, despite having to work harder.
- The next step after Samuel is able to start eating again is to get him off of the ventilator. Pray that this extra time has been just what Samuel's lungs needed to be ready for that HUGE milestone. He has been on a ventilator his whole life!
- The one change they have been making during this time of waiting is working on weaning Samuel's sedation. Please pray that he will remain consolable when he gets upset, and that he wouldn't have any signs of withdrawals.
- Please pray that Seth and I will be intentional about using our time wisely. Pray that we will draw closer to God, and closer to each other during these days of waiting.
Seth and I both got to hold Samuel this past week!
We have not been able to hold him since being in Deleware, so it had been one month to the day of when we last held him!
Not only that, but Samuel also started smiling at us this past week! There are no words to describe the feeling of seeing him smile, despite all that he is going through. We know this is a direct answer to our prayer for Samuel to be able to feel loved.
Thank y'all so much for continuing to follow our journey, and especially for your continued prayers!
If you would like to send us a prayer, verse, or note of encouragement you can email us at HisStoryHisGlory@gmail.com
We LOVE receiving encouragement from y'all! It helps to keep us going.
This is His story, and it is all for His glory!
Post a Comment