|A picture from the helicopter pad on top of UAMS
Monday morning I started showing signs of pre-term labor, so my doctor had me come in for monitoring. I am currently 30 weeks, so it is not an ideal time for our sweet Samuel David to make his appearance! They tried several things to try to get the contractions to stop, but I was still progressing. They started me on Magnesium, gave me the first in a series of steroid shots to help Samuel's lungs develop, and made the decision to fly me to UAMS in Little Rock, just in case Samuel decided to come sooner than anticipated.
Since being here my contractions have slowed way down, and I haven't been progressing as far as labor goes. Huge praises!!! We are praying that things will continue to stabilize so that we can be released soon.
The amniotic fluid level increased dramatically from our last appointment here on the 19th. The AFI went from 30, which is a moderate level of Polyhydramnios, to 48, which is very severe. The doctors think that is what is causing the contractions, because my body thinks it is much further along than it actually is. We are praying that the fluid levels will miraculously decrease!
We will try to keep y'all updated as we know more, and we are so grateful for all of you who are praying with us!
Here are some specific things to pray for:
- Pray that the fluid around Samuel will decrease so that the contractions will stop and Samuel will have plenty more time to develop.
- Pray that the doctors have wisdom in how to handle the situation.
- Pray that we will be filled with peace as we are walking through so many unknowns.
- Pray that we can be good witnesses to everyone we come in contact with.
- Pray that God's glory will be revealed through all of this!
- Things seem to be stabilizing for now!
- Samuel's heart rate and activity have all been normal throughout this whole process!
- We have so much family that was able to travel down and support us on our first couple of days here!
- We have so many people in Little Rock who have offered to help us in whatever ways we need!
Again, we are so grateful for each of you who are praying, offering us support, and sharing Samuel's story with others. This is by no means easy for us, but we are so blessed by the community that God has surrounded us with!
This is His story, and it is all for His glory!